The Adelaide Festival Centre aims to make your visit as pleasurable as possible and offers a myriad of ways to help if assistance is required.
Please note, vehicle and pedestrian access will be affected by the redevelopment. For the most up to date information about accessing the venue during the redevelopment, please click here.
When booking please make the BASS operator aware of your access requirements so that the operator can provide you with best possible seats available. For all other disability access enquiries please contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 8 8216 8600.
For schools, please record any special needs, and the number of students with accessibility needs (eg wheelchair, vision or hearing impaired etc) on your school booking form.
Please contact BASS on 131 246 to request access seating and inform the operator of your requirements. Online Access bookings are not available at this time.
Audio-Descriptions and Auslan
Auslan and/or Audio Description options are available for select performances:
Audio Description and Auslan
Mr Stink, 1pm Friday 19 May
Gone Viral, 1pm Saturday 20 May
Jump First Ask Later, 10:30am Thursday 25 May
Assistance Dog Friendly
Every theatre and event/function area of the Adelaide Festival Centre is guide dog friendly.
Are available in the foyers of the Festival Theatre and Dunstan Playhouse.
Discounts and Concessions: Companion Card
Many presenters at Adelaide Festival Centre are Companion Card Afffiliates. Please check when making your booking.
- Access ramps and bridge locations: Please refer to the Festival Centre venue map
- Festival Theatre: A lift is located either side of the Festival Theatre auditorium with access to all levels.
- Dunstan Playhouse: A lift is available with access to Row L, Seats 8–11 and 32–35.
- Space Theatre: A lift is available with access to both levels.
- The Bistro: Lift access is available via the Playhouse Foyer. Please request access at the Drama Centre Information Desk.
- Artspace: No lift access. Ramp and bridge access is available. Please refer to the Festival Centre venue map.
- Rehearsal Room 1: A lift is available. Please request access at the Dunstan Playhouse Information Desk
Our performances are for all people, and many performances and workshops are by people with disability, accessible to all. We believe all children should be welcome anytime, so we have not programmed specific relaxed school performances. If you have specific needs for students for any reason please contact us at DreamBIG@adelaidefestivalcentre.com.au and put ACCESS QUERY in the subject line and we can assist with your program selection, as we know there is something for everyone.
Please contact Stage Door on 08 8216 8724 if you need to borrow a wheelchair 'free of charge' when you attend your performance.